Sharing is Caring !
Islamic Relief -Bangladesh - Assistant Project Officer (Bangladesh)
Location: Any Union for Jamalpur.
Department: Humanitarian Programmes
Monthly Salary (BDT): 21,539/-
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for all kinds of community mobilizations of the project including project beneficiaries’ selection as per project methodology.
2. Assist in selection of the sites for structural interventions and ensure its quality as per project requirement.
3. Conducting hygiene promotion, caretaker training and awareness building session at community level.
4. Conducting focus group discussion and community consultation for bringing the project appropriateness.
5. Assisting in pre-survey and post-survey for different structural interventions.
Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline from any recognized & UGC approved University.
Minimum Three Years relevant experience in International or national NGO’s. Experienced in WaSH infrastructures with community mobilization in Char Areas Experienced in Hygiene promotion, caretaker training, WaSH awareness rising, DRR Training etc will be preferable. Experienced in Assessment, Beneficiary selection, database, Court yard session etc. Experienced in WaSH facility installation and quality monitoring and water quality check
Proven expertise and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator Auto
Project Management Specialist (Climate Change) at USAID Bangladesh
Published on: Oct 19, 2016
No. of Vacancies: 01
Job Nature: Full-time
Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary Range: Tk. 196500
Application Deadline: Nov 16, 2016
Job Description / Responsibility:
- BASIC FUNCTION: The Project Management Specialist (Global Climate Change) for the USAID/Bangladesh Environment & Climate Change Team serves as a manager for the Mission's climate change adaptation/climate resilience sector activities. This position is located in the USAID/Bangladesh Office of Economic Growth (EG) and reports to the EG Adaptation Group Leader.
- The incumbent leads and/or participates in the design and management of activities related to climate adaptation and climate resilience, including policy dialogues and negotiations with GOB officials and development partners that are supportive of the Mission's overall strategic goals in the area of improving the wellness of poor and vulnerable groups to the effects of climate change.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in a field relevant to global climate change discipline, in natural science, social sciences and/or policy.
- Academic background in environmental governance, environmental policy, coastal management, natural resources/watershed management, or urban management preferred.
- Knowledge of carbon finance and/or social enterprise is beneficial.
- (You must attach a copy of your bachelor's degree & specialized training certificate along with your application form.)
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Program Officer/Manager, Project Coordinator/ Officer, Supervision
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Development Agency, Govt./ Semi Govt./ Autonomous body, NGO
Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh - Intern
Published on: Oct 16, 2016
No. of Vacancies: 04
Job Nature: Full-time
Job Location: Khulna, Satkhira
Salary Range: Tk. 7000
Application Deadline: Oct 26, 2016
Job Description / Responsibility:
- The Project Intern (PI) will be responsible for implementation of project activities at union/ward level. Working in close collaboration with the Assistant Project Officer, S/He will ensure effective and efficient use of project resources through timely budget preparation and timely implementation of the project activities at root level against target and take corrective measures as and when required.
- SOCIAL MOBILIZATION & PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION (60%)
- In accordance with the Project Implementation Plan (PIP), S/He will mobilize the community, self help groups, local CBOs, ward disaster management committees (WDMC), Cooperatives/Apex body members;
- Support identifying the risk and resources of the communities to develop risk reduction action plans, household adaptation plans and risk tables;
- Support Assistant project Officers to ensure timely and quality implementation of the planned activities at ward/union level;
- Ensure that the activities implemented are in line with project's goals and objectives;
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of the project activities and monitoring, track the achievement of overall project objectives;
- Bachelor degree in Development Studies/ Disaster Management/ Social Science/ Geography/ Environmental Science or any other related discipline from any recognized & UGC approved University
- Employment duration is six month. Renewable subject to employee performance.
- Job location is Gabura/ Ramjannagar-Shyamnagar-Satkhira & Uttarbedkashi/ Koyra Sadar-Koyra, Khulna
- No essential working experience in required.
- Proven expertise and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills is essential.
- Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate Change Adaptation, Resilience, Livelihood, Sustainable Development, Contingency Plan, Standing Order on Disaster (SOD), Local Adaptation Plan of Action (LAPA), Community mobilization, Awareness session using IEC materials etc